HOME ABOUT SPONSOR CONTACT

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Cookies! (And, wow, has it been that long?)

Well, it's been a while.  And if it weren't for my mom it probably would've been a lot longer.  Thanks, mom! I had it dead set in my mind that my next post would be this fabulous re-do of my living room, specifically one area, that I have been planning to do. But I have yet to even begin that project. It's one of those things that I need to basically be alone in my house for. Ha! That's comical when you have 2 kids under 4. Someone please remind me, what does alone mean? :) 

Anyway, my mom had asked for this wonderful cookie recipe I shared with her a while back so I'm posting it here for all to see. These cookies had me obsessed for a while. I was making them just about every other day. Luckily, I was sharing the majority of them with everyone else. 

Brown Sugar Oatmeal Chewies
(Adapted from The Dough Will Rise Again)

1 cup butter, slightly softened
1 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups quick cooking oats


1.) Preheat oven to 350°. Cream together butter and sugars, until they are well-combined.
2.) Add one egg and mix until it’s fully incorporated. Then add the second egg, and the vanilla, and mix until everything is evenly incorporated.
3.) Add baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the wet mixture. Mix until well-distributed.
4.) Add about 1/2 your flour, and mix until the flour is JUST incorporated. Then add the second half of your flour, mixing like the first. Do not over mix or your cookies will be tough!
5.) Add oats and mix.
6.) Roll dough into balls, or use a cookie scoop. You want a ball that is roughly 1" in diameter.
7.) Place the dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment, leaving about 2″ between each cookie. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are lightly brown, but the center is still light in color and puffy.

Try not to get addicted! Good luck!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment